R.C. Technical Institute was established at Saraspur,Ahmedabad in AD 1910 by
Rao Bahadoor Ranchhodlal Chhotalal (The First Nagarpati and pioneer of textile industry in India).Later on this institute was handed over to the then State Government of Bombay in 1930 in order to impart and strengthen technical education in the country. Initially as per the requirement,certificate courses of Mechanical,Electrical,Textile Spinning,Textile Weaving and Textile Processing were introduced but afterwards these certificate courses were discontinued and new Diploma programmes in Textile Manufacturing and Textile Processing were started in 1947.Taking into consideration the polluted, chaotic and non-academic surroundings and dilapidated conditions of Saraspur-Ahmedabad campus,new campus was made operational since June 1997 at Sola, Ahmedabad. At present, 8 diploma programmes are being run by the institute.
The institute will be leader in imparting qualitative competency based demand driven technology and engineering programmes. Using linkage with industries and society, the institute will set direction to establish partnership with industries and society.Mission
|● Equity||● Transparency|
|● Team spirit||● Quality|
|● Openness||● Innovation|
- 19 acre lush green and pollution free campus on Sarkhej-Gandhinagar highway in the vicinity of Gujarat High court, Sola civil hospital and Bhagavat vidyapith.
- 15224 sqm built-up area for well developed classrooms, laboratories, library, workshops, learning resource users centre, amenity hall, boys hostel with mess, staff quarters, etc.
- Amenities like sports ground, indoor games, girls’ room, canteen, etc.
- Laboratories are updated with modern machineries, equipments and instruments.
- Well qualified human resource supported with state-of the-art teaching aids. 30 PG faculties.
- 60 person capacity seminar room.
- 218 computers of latest configuration with necessary peripherals installed at well planned computer laboratories.
- Campus Wide Area Network (CWAN) is installed with almost 350 nodes capacity.
- 4 Mbps internet lease line connected with all buildings of campus and with all computer systems of institute.
- 18000 books and reference books and 28 magazines in Library with 60 students reading capacity. Book bank facility is also available. The library is equipped with 6 computer systems and internet facility.
- Community polytechnic wing, supported by MHRD, catering to the training needs of rural people for self employment and development.
- Training centre for Gujarat Knowledge Society (GKS).
- Students store facility is available; students can buy stationary items at concessional rate.
Chinubhai Madhavlal Ranchhodlal, Baronet, C.I.E., (1864-1916)
Sir Chinubhai was the grandson of Rao Bahadur Ranchhodlal Chhotalal. He was raised in an environment of warmth and luxury and was fortunate to bask in the love and attention showered upon him by his father, grandfather and great grandfather. With all his ancestors being well versed in languages, it was only natural that Chinubhai too should be taught Gujarati, Persian, Sanskrit and English. He was fluent in them all. He also attended school and later college. Under the capable guidance of his father and grandfather, he was introduced to the family business of textiles, which he expanded and modernized to the satisfaction of his forbears. Sir Chinubhai followed in Ranchhodlal’s footsteps to become the President of the Ahmedabad Municipality, a member of the Legislative Assembly of Bombay and the president of the Mill Owner’s Association of Ahmedabad. Under his able stewardship the businesses grew and prospered. Sir Chinubhai’s civic responsibilities guided him to set aside sufficient time to create educational infrastructure for Ahmedabad as it was not available in his time. He gave on a princely scale to philanthropic and educational objects such as: Madhavlal Ranchhodlal Chhotalal High School, Madhavlal Boarding, Ranchhodlal Chhotalal Technical Institute, Sanskrit School, Gujarat College: Madhavlal Ranchhodlal Science Institute, George V Hall, Sydenham Library, Sydenham College of Commerce, Bombay, The Royal Institute of Science, Bombay. The Victoria Jubilee Hospital, the first maternity hospital in Ahmedabad that was started by his father was expanded and modernized under his supervision. He also built a beautiful public garden in his father’s memory for the people of Ahmedabad. These handsome donations, together with his active participation in public affairs, brought their natural reward. In 1910 Sir Chinubhai Madhavlal received a knighthood, and three years later a baronetcy, being the first member of the Hindu community to receive the latter distinction. His death in March 1916 at a comparatively early age of fifty two came all too suddenly depriving his family and the people of Ahmedabad of a truly great man. Sir Chinubhai’s statue near Bhadrakali temple in Ahmedabad, was unveiled by Mahatma Gandhi a gist of his speech given in Gujarati is translated in English as follows: “ I want to appeal to the affluent people of the city to follow the path of philanthropy charted by Sir Chinubhai Madhavlal and place Ahmedabad before the world as an ideal to be followed.”